This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 (“IT Act”), the applicable rules thereunder and the provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
The domain name www.booon.in, including the related mobile site and mobile application as well as the Seller portal (hereinafter referred to as “Platform”) is owned and operated by Piku Mike Ecommerce India Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as "Booon" ), a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013, with its registered office at 78/8, Vaishnavi Signature Outer Ring Road, Bellandur, Bellandur Bangalore South Bangalore 560103 Karnataka, India.
For the purpose of the ToU, wherever the context so requires, 'you' and 'your' shall relate to any natural or legal person who has agreed to become a Seller on the Platform by providing registration data while registering on the Platform using computer systems. The word 'user' shall collectively imply a Seller, a Buyer, and any visitor on the Platform and the terms ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ shall mean Booon.
Your use of the Platform and the features therein is governed by the following terms and conditions (ToU) including applicable policies available on the Platform, notifications and communications sent to you on the Platform which are incorporated herein by way of reference. If you transact on the Platform, you shall be subject to the policies that are applicable to the Platform for such a transaction. By mere use of the Platform you shall be contracting with Booon, and these terms and conditions including the policies constitute your binding obligations to Booon.
When you use any current or future services provided by us through the Platform you will be subject to the rules, guidelines, policies, terms and conditions applicable to such services, and they shall be deemed incorporated into the ToU and considered a part and parcel of the ToU. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the ToU at any time. We will notify you through any of the communication modes as mentioned in this ToU in case of any changes or updates to the ToU that materially impact your use of the Platform. Your continued use of the Platform following the changes or updates will mean that you accept and agree to the revisions. As long as you comply with the ToU, we grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited privilege to enter and use the Platform.
ACCESSING, BROWSING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE PLATFORM INDICATES YOUR AGREEMENT WITH ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER THE TOU. PLEASE READ THE TOU CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING. By implicitly or expressly accepting the TOU, you also accept and agree to be bound by all Booon’s policies applicable to you, as amended, from time to time.
- Seller Eligibility
The use of the Platform is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. Persons who are "incompetent to contract "within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872, including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Platform. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a Seller on the Platform, transact or use the Platform. Booon reserves the right to terminate your registration and/or refuse you access to the Platform if it is brought to Booon’s notice or discovered that you are under the age of 18 years. If you register as a business entity, you represent that you are duly authorised by the business entity to accept the ToU and you have the authority to bind the business entity to the ToU.
- Your Account and Registration Obligations
In the course of your use of the Platform, you agree to forthwith furnish your details and information as required by Booon from time to time.
You agree that you have necessary licences and permits for the sale on the Platform which shall be including but not limited to the licences required by all applicable laws.
You shall remain responsible for maintaining confidentiality of this information, as well as your display name, login and password details. You agree that if you provide any information which is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current, incomplete, or not in accordance with the ToU, we shall have the right to suspend or terminate your account on the Platform or indefinitely block you from accessing the Platform.
- Seller Account Deactivation
As per our policy, if a Seller requests for a closure of the account, the account will be put on hold for a period of 90 days to ensure smooth closure of transactions which have been made prior to his closure request and this will be available to the said Seller for downloading payment and taxation reports, if required. After 90 days, the Seller would be required to reach out to us confirming that he has downloaded the reports and requesting for a deactivation again. Upon receiving this confirmation, the Seller’s account will be deactivated provided there are no outstanding payments due from the Seller, with certain information being retained by Booon at all times, such as registered mobile number, registered email ID, GSTIN and other transaction related information. Such information is being retained for audit purposes and to prevent fraudulent acts by the Sellers in the future. If a Seller decides to commence his business with Booon again, he/she will not be able to create a new account but the older account can be restored if it is required.
- Seller Account Hold
As per our policy, if the seller stops selling on Booon for a period of 60 days without any notice, then their account will be put on hold for a period of 90 days to ensure smooth closure their account. Seller will however have access to their partner portal account during the full and final settlement period of 90 days period. Seller's account may not be reinstated post these 90 days period and they may have to take the route of new onboarding process or pay such fees and charges as may be required.
When you use the Platform or send emails, other data, information, or communication to us, you agree and understand that you are communicating with us through electronic records and you consent to receive communications via electronic records from time to time. We may communicate with you by email or any other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
- Platform for Transaction and Communication
The Platform is a platform that users utilise to independently meet and interact with one another for their transactions. Booon is not and cannot be a party to any transaction or dispute between users on the Platform.
- All commercial / contractual terms are offered by you and agreed upon between you and Buyers alone. The commercial / contractual terms include (without limitation) price, shipping costs, payment methods and terms, date, period, and mode of delivery, and warranties and after-sales services related to products and services. Booon does not determine, advise, have any control, or in any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of such commercial / contractual terms between you and Buyers.
- Booon does not make any representations or warranties regarding specifics (such as quality, value, and saleability) of the products or services proposed to be sold, offered to be sold or purchased on the Platform. Booon does not implicitly or explicitly support or endorse the sale or purchase of any products and services on the Platform. Booon accepts no liability for any errors or omissions of third parties in relation to the products and services.
- Booon is not responsible for any non-performance or breach of any contract between you and Buyers. Booon cannot and does not guarantee that you and Buyers concerned will perform transaction(s) concluded on the Platform. Booon shall not and is not required to mediate or resolve disputes or disagreements between you and Buyers.
- Booon does not make any representations or warranties regarding item-specifics (such as legal title, creditworthiness, identity, etc.) of any of its users. You are advised to independently verify the bona fides of any particular Buyer you choose to deal with on the Platform and use your best judgement in that regard.
- Booon does not at any point in time during a transaction between you and a Buyer on the Platform come into or take possession of any of the products or services offered by you, gain title to or have any rights or claims over the products or services offered by you to the Buyer.
- At no time shall Booon hold any right / title to or interest in the items nor have any obligations or liabilities with respect to such a contract. Booon is not responsible for unsatisfactory or delayed performance of services, damages, or delays as a result of items which are out of stock, unavailable, or back-ordered.
- You release and indemnify Booon and / or any of its officers and representatives from any cost, damage, liability or other consequence of any of the actions of the users on the Platform and specifically waive any claims that you may have in this behalf under any applicable law. Notwithstanding its reasonable efforts on that behalf, Booon cannot control the information provided by other users which is made available on the Platform. You may find other user 's information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. Please use caution and practise safe trading when using the Platform. Please note that there may be risks in dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretence.
- Use of the Platform
You agree and understand that Booon and the Platform merely provide hosting services to its registered users and persons browsing / visiting the Platform. All items advertised / listed and the contents therein are advertised and listed by registered users and are third party user generated content. Booon shall bear no responsibility or liability in relation to or arising out of third-party user generated content. Booon neither originates nor initiates the transmission nor selects the sender and receiver of the transmission nor selects nor modifies the information contained in the transmission. Booon is merely an intermediary and does not interfere in the transaction between Buyers and Sellers.
You agree, undertake and confirm that your use of the Platform shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information or image which:
- belongs to another person and over which you have no right;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, bigotry, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever, or unlawfully threatening or harassing, including but not limited to ‘indecent representation of women’ within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
- is false, inaccurate or misleading in any way;
- is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content or content that promotes obscenity, pedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of ‘junk mail’, ‘chain letters’, unsolicited mass mailing, or ‘spamming’; including spamming by ways of unrelated feedbacks on surveys;
- promotes illegal activity or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, or libellous;
- infringes upon or violates any third party 's rights [including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorised disclosure of a person 's name, email address, physical address, or phone number) or rights of publicity];
- promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person 's copyrighted work (see “Copyright complaint "below for instructions on how to lodge a complaint about uploaded copyrighted material) such as providing pirated computer programs or links, information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password-only access pages, hidden pages or images or URLs leading to any other pages (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone 's privacy, providing or creating computer viruses;
- contains unauthorised videos, photographs or images of another person (whether a minor or an adult);
- tries to gain unauthorised access or exceeds the scope of authorised access to the Platform, profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend requests, or other areas of the Platform, or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users on the Platform;
- engages in commercial activities and / or sales such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, pyramid schemes, or the buying or selling of ‘virtual’ items related to the Platform without our prior written consent.
- solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which we, at our sole discretion, believe is or could be construed as being illegal;
- interferes with another’s use and enjoyment of the Platform;
- refers to any website / URL which, at our sole discretion, contains material that is inappropriate for the Platform or any other website and content that is prohibited or violates the letter and spirit of ToU;
- harms minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, proprietary rights, third-party’s trade secrets, rights of publicity, or privacy, is fraudulent, or involves the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee / users about the origin of messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonates another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs, or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation; offends the religious and national sentiments of the nation as included in ‘Zero Tolerance to Profanity, Hurting National and Religious Sentiments policy.
- shall, directly or indirectly, offer or attempt to offer trade or attempt to trade in any item which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force;
- shall create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or part) the services of our Internet Service Provider (“ISPs”) or other suppliers.
- You shall not use any 'deep-link', ‘page-scrape’, ‘robot’, ‘spider’, automatic device, program, algorithm, methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process to access, acquire, copy, monitor any portion of the Platform or content or in any way reproduce, or circumvent the navigational structure, presentation of the Platform, or any content to obtain or attempt to obtain any material, documents, or information through any means not purposely made available through the Platform. We reserve our right to bar any such activities.
- You shall not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any portion or feature of the Platform, other systems, networks connected to the Platform, server, computer, network, or the services offered on or through the Platform by hacking, password ‘mining’, or any other illegitimate means.
- You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Platform or any network connected to the Platform or breach the security, authentication measures on the Platform or any network connected to the Platform. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace information on any other user of or visitor to Platform (including any account on the Platform that is not owned by you) or to its source or exploit the Platform, any service, information made available, or offered by or through the Platform in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information (including but not limited to personal identification or information other than your own information) provided by the Platform.
- You shall not make any negative, denigrating, or defamatory statement(s) / comment(s) about us, the brand name or domain name used by us, including Booon, Booon’saffiliates and associated entities, or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation of Booon or Sellers on the platform or otherwise tarnish or dilute any Booon trademark, service marks, trade name and / or goodwill associated with such trade, service marks or trade name as may be owned or used by us. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Platform or Booon’s systems, networks, or any systems or networks connected to Booon.
- You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Platform, any transaction being conducted on the Platform or any other person’s use of the Platform.
- You shall not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message, transmittal you send to us on or through the Platform, or any service offered on or through the Platform. You may not pretend that you are or represent someone else or impersonate any other individual or entity.
- You may not use the Platform or any content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by the ToU or to solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringes the rights of Booon and / or others.
- You shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000, and the other rules thereunder as applicable and amended from time to time and also all applicable domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable Exchange Control Laws or Regulations in force) and International Laws, Foreign Exchange Laws, Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations (including, but not limited to Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, Central Goods and Services Tax Act, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), relevant State Goods and Services Tax Act or Union Territories Goods and Services Tax Act and Custom Duty, Local Levies as may be applicable) and obtain the necessary licences and permits regarding your use of our Platform, service and / or tools and your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of items or services. You shall not engage in any transaction in an item or service, which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force.
- Solely to enable us to use the information you provide us with and so that we do not violate any rights you might have in your information, you agree to grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, and sub-licensable (through multiple-tiers) right to exercise the copyright, publicity or database rights or any other rights you have in your information for any current or future promotional or advertising related activities and any business purposes of Booon.
- From time to time you shall be responsible for providing information relating to the items or services proposed to be sold by you. In this connection, you undertake that all such information shall be accurate in all respects. You shall not exaggerate or over emphasise the attributes of such items or services so as to mislead other users on the Platform in any manner.
- You shall not engage in advertising or solicitation of other Sellers on the Platform to buy or sell any products or services, including but not limited to products or services related to what is displayed on the Platform. You may not transmit any chain letters or unsolicited commercial or junk email to other users acquired / via the Platform. It shall be a violation of the ToU to use any information obtained from the Platform in order to harass, abuse, or harm others or contact, advertise and sell to or solicit persons other than those who have chosen to buy from you. You understand that we have the right at all times to disclose any information (including the identity of the persons who have provided information or material on the Platform) as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or valid governmental request. This may include, without limitation, disclosure of the information in connection with the investigation of an alleged illegal activity or its solicitation and / or response to a lawful court order or subpoena. In addition, we can (and you hereby expressly authorise us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, at our sole discretion, deem necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation and / or resolution of possible crimes, especially those that may involve personal injury. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor the material posted on the Platform. Booon shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to remove any content that violates or is alleged to violate any applicable law or either the spirit or letter of the ToU. Notwithstanding this right, YOU REMAIN SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF THE MATERIAL YOU POST ON THE WEBSITE AND YOUR INDEPENDENT COMMUNICATION WITH THE BUYERS AND OTHER SELLERS, REGARDLESS OF FORM.
Please be advised that such content posted does not reflect Booon’s views. In no event shall Booon assume or have any responsibility or liability for any content posted on the Platform or claims, damages, or losses resulting from its use and / or appearance of it on the Platform. You hereby represent and warrant that you have necessary rights to all the content you provide and all information it contains and that such content shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties or contain any misleading, libellous, tortious, or otherwise unlawful information.
- Your correspondence or business dealings with or participation in the promotion of advertisers on or through the Platform (including payment and delivery of related products or services, any other terms,
conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings) are solely between you and such advertisers. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of such dealings or the presence of such advertisers on the Platform.
- It is possible that other users (including unauthorised persons or ‘hackers’) may post or transmit offensive or obscene material on the Platform and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such material. It is also possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of the Platform and use such information to harass or injure you. We do not approve of such unauthorised uses but by using the Platform, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the use of any personal information that you publicly disclose or share with others on the Platform. Please carefully select the type of information that you publicly disclose or share with others on the Platform.
- Booon shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to your involvement / participation in any way on your own or through group(s) of people, intentionally or unintentionally, in DoS (denial of service) / DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services).
- You shall strictly comply with all the policies shared by Booon for ethical working and shall not form any form of cartel or similar arrangement to influence the price or sale on the platform in any form or manner whatsoever.
- You shall ensure that the personal data of customers is used only for the purpose of scope of customisation transaction and as per the authorisation received from Booon /Customer. The personal data shared with the seller should be kept confidential and secure and should be deleted post the warranty period. The seller shall not use the customer data for any unauthorised purpose.
- This ToU and its Annexures constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties pertaining to the subject matter contained herein and supersedes and cancels in all respects all other agreements and understandings of the Parties, whether oral or written, pertaining to the subject matter under this ToU. The terms of this ToU may be modified, amended, varied or waived as per the requirements of Booon.
As a registered Seller, you shall list item(s) for sale on the Platform in accordance with the policies which are incorporated by way of reference in this ToU. You must be legally able to sell the item(s) you list for sale on our Platform and must have all the necessary licences and permits required for such sale. You must ensure that the listed items do not infringe upon the intellectual property, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy rights of third parties. Listings may only include text descriptions, graphics, pictures or videos that describe your item for sale. All items must be listed in an appropriate category on the Platform. All listed items must be kept in stock for successful fulfilment of sales. The listing description of the item must not be misleading and must describe the actual condition of the product. If the item description does not match the actual condition of the item, you agree to refund any amount that you may have received from the Buyer. You agree not to list a single product in multiple quantities across various categories on the Platform. Booon reserves the right to delete such multiple listings of the same product listed by you in various categories. Booon reserves the right to restrict the selling of products originating from certain countries.
- Compliance on selling of Goods / Services
In the interest of smooth functioning and better efficiency of the business, the Parties agree that:
- The invoice shall be raised by the respective parties within the time as prescribed under The Central Goods and Service Tax Act 2017.
- “You shall also ensure full compliance with the provisions of Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST), Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) and Union Territory Goods and Services Tax (UTGST) or State Goods and Services Tax (SGST) in respect of the goods/services supplied by you.
- It is your responsibility to charge appropriate goods and services taxes on the supplies effected and remittance of the same to the Government. Booon shall not be responsible for any deficiency and/ or omission on your part.
- Pursuant to the tax collection at source provisions under IGST, CGST and/UTGST or SGST, the portal would collect tax collection at source at applicable rates on net value of taxable supplies made through the portal and remit to the appropriate Government.
- In case of any mismatches on account of tax collection at source, you shall be required to provide all relevant information to Booon to correspond with the relevant authorities and also in case of any liability accruing on account of omission shall be recovered from you.
- You shall be required to provide the corresponding Harmonised System Nomenclature (HSN) code number for every product listing, which would be validated by Booon. In the event, the HSN Code number is not valid HSN, Booon system will not allow addition of those products. Booon shall not be responsible for the correct classification of the HSN code. Classification of the products corresponding to correct HSN shall be your responsibility. Booon cannot be held responsible for and disputes on incorrect HSN being adopted by you.
- You shall also be required to provide your GSTIN, without which we will not be able to raise an invoice on you. In the event that you do not provide your GSTIN number, transaction on your account will be blocked and orders will not be processed on your account. In the event of you providing your Input Service Distributor Registration Number, Booon would be issuing an invoice to the ISD GST registration number as furnished by you. It is your responsibility to undertake the necessary compliance required in respect of the said ISD registration number.
- Booon shall not entertain any revision of invoices due to incorrect GSTIN being provided by you. Any correction in GSTIN shall be taken retrospectively and no prior issued invoices will be taken up for any changes or issue of credit note.
- Booon shall raise credit note or debit note only for the scenarios as prescribed under GST provisions.
- In case you are unable to avail credit due to any reason attributable to us, you shall intimate Booon within 2 months of such mismatch. In case the same is not intimated to Booon within the mentioned 2 months, Booon shall not be responsible for any loss of tax credit in your hands.
- You shall be required to provide your TAN, if applicable, without which we shall not reimburse any TDS remitted by you to the government.
- Seller shall request for reimbursement of TDS after sharing the Form 16A for any given financial year before August 31stof the next financial year. Booon shall verify the same with its Form 26AS and will reimburse accordingly. Booon shall not reimburse any TDS for the requests received after August Booon the next financial year.
- Booon shall withhold applicable income taxes as per Income Tax Act, 1961 and issue tax withholding certificate for the taxes withheld, if any.
- Seller shall be required to indemnify and hold harmless Booon, its promoters, officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, sub-contractors and other representatives from any losses including loss of input tax credit, claims, demands, liabilities, suits, proceedings, penalties, costs or expenses of any kind (including, attorneys’ fees and expenses) on account of violation of applicable tax laws by the Seller (including but not limited to non-filing of the requisite forms with the tax authorities to claim tax credit etc.).
- Booon would withhold taxes as applicable under the Income-tax Act, 1961. Currently, Booon is liable to withhold taxes under section 194-O of the Income-tax Act, 1961 at the applicable rate on sale of goods or provisions of services facilitated on the Platform. Accordingly, the portal would make the payment in respect for sale of goods or provisions of services facilitated through the portal after deducting the applicable taxes.
- Where you provide Nil/Lower deduction tax certificate issued under Section 197 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (‘LDC’), to Booon, it would deduct/collect taxes at the rates specified in the said certificates. In case, if the said LDCs are modified by the Income-tax Officer subsequently, you are responsible to inform Booon and any liability arising on account of omission, shall be your obligation.
- Booon will withhold taxes at higher rates as applicable under Section 206AA and Section 206AB of the Income-tax Act, 1961 in case warranted.
- Booon agrees to furnish Form 16A to you within prescribed timelines as per the Income-tax Act, 1961.
- You are responsible to collect applicable taxes (‘TCS’) under provisions of Chapter XVII BB of the Income-tax Act, 1961 on sales made or provision of services to buyers and to ensure the requisite compliances in this regard. Booon will not be liable for any withholding tax or other compliances that will be applicable to the buyer/you in that capacity.
You agree and undertake that You shall not, at any time, purchase more than 25% of your inventory (in terms of annualised value in a financial year), purported to be sold on the Platform, from Booon.
As per Section 194-O of the Finance Act, 2020, Booon will deduct TDS on the gross amount of sale (excluding GST) of goods or provision of services provided through the Platform at 0.75% from October 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021 and at 1% thereafter.
- Content Posted on the Platform
All text, graphics, Seller interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music and artwork, notes, messages, emails, billboard postings, drawings, profiles, opinions, ideas, images, videos, audio files, other material or information (collectively ‘Content’) are third-party generated Content and Booon has no responsibility or liability over such third-party generated Content as Booon is merely an intermediary for the purposes of this ToU. Except as expressly provided in the ToU, no part of the Platform including the Content may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way (including ‘mirroring’) to any other computer, server, website or other medium for publication, distribution or any commercial enterprise without Booon’s prior written consent.
You may use the information on the products and services made available on the Platform for downloading provided you:
- do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such Content;
- use such Content only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it to any media;
- make no modifications to any Content; and
- do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to the Content.
- Limited Licence
Booon grants Sellers a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive, non-sub licensable, non-assignable and personal licence to use “Booon.com” name and / or logo on Seller’s invoice for transactions concluded on the Platform. Further, Booon grants Sellers a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-assignable and personal licence to use “Booon.com” name and / or logo on packing material used by Sellers for delivery of Products sold on the Platform.
- Transactions, transaction price and all commercial terms such as delivery, dispatch of products and / or services are as per principal to principal bipartite contractual obligations between Sellers and Buyers and the payment facility is merely used by Sellers and Buyers to facilitate the completion of transactions. Use of the payment facility shall not render Booon liable or responsible for non–delivery, non-receipt, non-payment, damage, breach of representations and warranties, non-provision of after-sales or warranty services or fraud as regards the products and/or services listed on the Platform.
- You have specifically authorised Booon or its service providers to collect, process, facilitate, and remit payments and / or the transaction price electronically or through cash on delivery (CoD) to and from Buyers in respect of transactions through payment facility. Your relationship with Booon is on a principal to principal basis and by accepting the ToU, you agree that Booon is an independent contractor for all purposes and does not have control of or liability for the products or services that are listed on the Platform and paid for by using the payment facility. Booon does not guarantee the identity of any User nor does it ensure that a Buyer or a Seller will complete a transaction.
- You understand, accept, and agree that the payment facility provided by Booon is neither a banking nor financial service, but merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment facility for receiving payment, or cash on delivery (CoD) payment, collection and remittance for transactions on the Platform using the existing authorised banking infrastructure and credit card payment gateway (PG) network. Further, by providing payment facility, Booon neither acts as a trustee or fiduciary with respect to transaction or transaction price.
- It is hereby clarified that cash on delivery (COD) option may not be available for select products or categories, at Booon’s sole discretion.
- All online bank transfers from valid bank accounts are processed using the gateway provided by the respective issuing bank that supports payment facility to provide these services to the users. All such online bank transfers on payment facility are also governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between a Seller, Buyer and the respective issuing bank.
- Dispatch of products and / or services
- You, as a Seller, shall be required to dispatch the products and / or services for every transaction to the Buyer within the time period as provided in the ToU to ensure that the products and / or services are delivered in a timely manner. Further, you will solely be responsible for undertaking products insurance for products sold by You on the Platform. For avoidance of doubt, Booon will not be responsible for undertaking any insurance(s) for products sold by Sellers on the Platform.
- Seller shall provide dispatch details and details of after-sales services related to products and services listed by it on the Platform to Booon in such a manner and within a time period as provided in the policies, failing which the transaction shall stand cancelled.
- Seller shall dispatch the products and / or services using only an approved delivery channel which provides appropriate ‘proof of dispatch’ &‘proof of delivery’ (PoDs) documentation. Such PoD documentation relating to delivery should be maintained by a Seller or such agents making the delivery for a period of 3 (three) years from the date of dispatch. The PoDs should be furnished to Booon on demand within the time frame as notified from time to time.
- Seller agrees that the dispatch details shall be true, correct, and duly authorised and shall not be misleading, fraudulent, false, unauthorised, illegal and shall not contain any misrepresentation of facts.
- In case a Seller fails to provide dispatch details or provides dispatch details not complying with policies, it shall result in consequences as more specifically stated in the ToU and may lead to suspension and / or termination of Seller account.
- Seller agrees that the transaction price paid by a Buyer will be remitted to a Seller’s bank account contingent upon the following events:
- Buyer confirms the delivery of products and / or services in the transaction;
- Buyer does not take any action on payment facility to confirm delivery within such a time period as provided in the policies despite confirmation of dispatch of products and / or services by a Seller to the Buyer;
- Buyer’s refund claim is rejected by Booon due to any breach of the ToU, policies, and any applicable law; and
- Once the transaction is completed by the Seller, the remittance to Seller shall be made in accordance with RBI Intermediary Guidelines.
- You are required to route all shipments / consignments through the Logistic Partner, unless otherwise specified. ‘Logistic Partner’ shall mean a logistic service provider as approved by Booon.
- GST / Taxes
You are responsible for paying all fees associated with the use of the Platform and charges collected in respect of such usage. You agree to bear any and all applicable taxes, charges, cesses levied thereon (including CGST+SGST / IGST / CGST + UGST and GST cess as may be applicable to the transaction).
- A Seller agrees that Booon may offer to provide Express Remittance to eligible Sellers as per payments settlement policy. Express Remittance shall be subject to RBI Intermediary Guidelines and arrangements / directions of the nodal bank. Booon, at its sole discretion, may make such an offer to eligible Sellers and the same shall not be construed as a right but only as a privilege. Eligible Sellers understand that Booon reserves the right to withdraw Express Remittance at any time for any violation of the ToU or Booon’s policies and / or failure by the eligible Sellers to maintain or comply with the parameters as may be decided by Booon from time to time.
A Seller expressly agrees that issuing the correct and complete invoice is the sole and primary responsibility of a Seller.
- In case of any chargebacks levied by the bank, Booon shall have the right to deduct such chargebacks from Seller remittances, present and future, and a Seller’s only remedy will be to discuss and resolve the same with the bank. A Seller hereby agrees to extend full cooperation in resolving the chargeback disputes raised by a Buyer through the bank and shall provide necessary documentation regarding the transaction to the complete satisfaction of the bank. In case the chargeback is ruled against a Seller, Booon shall be entitled and authorised to recover the same from the Seller to its fullest extent and the bank’s decision shall be final and binding in this regard. In the event Booon has made any excess payment to the Seller inadvertently, such excess payments shall be set-off from any future payments payable by Booon to the Seller.
- Booon may delay notifying the payment confirmation, i.e. informing the Seller to dispatch if Booon deems suspicious or a Buyer conducts high transaction volumes to ensure safety of the transaction and transaction price. In addition, Booon may hold transaction prices and not inform Sellers to dispatch or remit transaction prices to law enforcement officials (instead of refunding the same to a Buyer) at the request of law enforcement officials or in the event of a Buyer being engaged in any form of illegal activity.
- Sellers acknowledge that Booon will not be liable for any damages, interests, claims etc. resulting from not processing a transaction / transaction price or any delay in processing a transaction / transaction price that is beyond the control of Booon.
- Booon shall make payments into the bank account provided by a Seller during the Seller registration process. Once Booon has made payments into such a bank account number, Booon shall be discharged of any / all liabilities towards the Seller and the Seller shall not be eligible for any claims whatsoever.
- Compliance with Laws
Seller acknowledges and undertakes to comply with all applicable laws, bye-laws, rules, regulations, orders, ordinance, notifications, guidelines, policies, notices, directions, conditions of any regulatory approval or license issued by a government authority and judgments and any other requirements of any statutory and relevant authority.
You shall indemnify and shall keep indemnified Booon for all the direct and indirect losses, damages, fines, penalties, etc., incurred / suffered by the Booon and or as and when imposed by any government offices / authorities due to commission of unlawful act or non commission of lawful act, negligence act by you in regards to your products / services listed on the Booon Platform.
- Seller Action Framework
The Seller shall be responsible and liable for any notices / governmental communications received from applicable authorities by Booon. Seller shall respond, defend and hold Booon harmless from any such claims pursuant to any listing by the Seller.
The Seller shall be responsible for listing the products under the specified category and shall in no manner list the products in any other category which shall mislead the consumers in any manner. The Seller shall be responsible for any returns pursuant to manufacturing defect and shall communicate with the manufactures to resolve such situations.
The Seller shall be responsible for any action / penalty received by Booon and shall be liable to pay the entire amount of penalty as received by Booon. Booon shall not be responsible for any violation of applicable laws by the Sellers.
- Product Description
Booon does not warrant that product description or other content on the Platform is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free and assumes no liability in this regard.
Booon shall have the right to inspect and audit Seller’s records and premises / place of business through itself or through Booon approved third party testing agencies. Cost of such an audit shall solely be borne by Booon unless the audit reflects discrepancy in Seller accounts / non-compliance with Booon Seller policies, in which case the cost of audit shall be borne by the Seller.
Without limiting other remedies, we may limit your activity, immediately remove your information, warn other users of your actions immediately, temporarily / indefinitely suspend / terminate / block your account and / or refuse you access to the Platform, or put your account on hold, in the event of, including but not limited to, the following:
- if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide;
- if it is believed that your actions may cause legal liability for you, other users, or us; or
- if you do not produce the legal requirement documents such as the documents required for product sales in the Drugs and Cosmetics category, the BIS licence documents, the Brand Authorisation letter, or a Trademark registration proof, as may be required by the Booon Authorities.
We may at any time, at our sole discretion, reinstate suspended Sellers. A Seller that has been suspended or blocked may not register or attempt to register with us or use the Platform (through itself or any other entity or legal form) in any manner whatsoever until such time that such a Seller is reinstated by us. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you breach the ToU or other rules and policies, we reserve the right to recover any amounts due and owed by you to us and take strict legal action, including but not limited to a referral to the appropriate police or other authorities for initiating criminal or other proceedings against you.
- Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL BOOON BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THE ToU, EVEN IF BOOON HAS BEEN INFORMED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Applicable Law
The ToU shall be governed, interpreted, and construed in accordance with the laws of India. The place of jurisdiction shall exclusively be Bangalore.
- Jurisdictional Issues / Sale in India Only
Unless otherwise specified, the material on the Website is presented solely for the purpose of sale in India. Booon makes no representation that the material on the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations / countries other than India. Those who choose to access the Website from other locations / countries other than India do so on their own initiative and Booon is not responsible for supply of products / refund for the products ordered from other locations / countries other than India and compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- Seller Declarations:
The Seller hereby declares that the Seller shall comply with all applicable laws, bye-laws, rules, regulations, orders, ordinance, notifications, guidelines, policies, notices, directions, conditions of any regulatory approval or license issued by a government authority and judgments and any other requirements of any statutory and relevant authority.
We acknowledge that Booon has relied on this undertaking and that any breach thereof will cause irreparable harm to Booon and we unconditionally undertake to make Booon good and hold it harmless against any breach thereof immediately upon request, from time to time, without protest or demur. Further, we shall immediately notify Booon, in writing, upon the lapse of any necessary certificates or authorisations and/or in case of receipt of any order, demand, warrant or document or any regulatory action with respect to such certificates / authorisations.
In the event the relevant authority demands the certificate to Booon, we shall produce a copy of the said certificate at the earliest. Any delay in producing the certificate / absence of a certificate that leads to any loss / penalty to Booon shall be recovered from the Seller providing the declaration within 7 days from such demand.
We acknowledge and agree that Booon shall be permitted to assign or otherwise furnish this undertaking to any authority or person.
The courts in Bengaluru shall have exclusive jurisdiction on any matters set forth herein and this will be governed by the laws of the Republic of India.
Any notice given by Booon to us through email registered with them or at our address registered with them shall be deemed received one (1) business day after an email is sent and in case of post, three (3) business days, and, if hand delivered, on delivery. We undertake to keep Booon updated with any changes to our registered information.
- Contact Us
For queries / concerns, excluding queries related to trademark and copyright infringement, please raise an incident from your Seller dashboard.
- Grievance Officer
In accordance with the IT Act, 2000, and the rules thereunder, the name and contact details of the grievance officer are provided below:
Name: Arun Kumar
Address: Piku Miku Ecommerce India Private Limited], having its registered office 78/8, Vaishnavi Signature Outer Ring Road, Bellandur, Bellandur Bangalore South Bangalore 560103.